Glow up transformation
So what exactly is glow up? Glow up is a mental, physical, and an emotional transformation for the better. The end results is a better you
There are no set rules in a glow up transformation. But a piece of advice if you do decide to do a glow up challenge is to set a deadline. For me, I decided on a 30 day challenge.
To start my glow up challenge, I decided to do the 30 days in baby steps. The first one is drinking water. I love water, I do drink it all the time when I am at home. However, drinking water at work is another story.
Working in healthcare, I am too busy to drink anything. So I know I am not getting the amount of water I need. Drinking water is important when you want to lose weight. Which is high on my health priorities right now. So how can I drinkup with this glow up I am doing?
Importance of drinking water
Keeping hydrated is crucial for health and well-being, but I know I am not consuming enough fluids each day. So why is the importance of drinking water the first step in this glow up transformation?
Let me give you some facts on the importance of drinking water:
- It lubricates the joints: I am getting older and after 20 years in healthcare my lower back and other areas are starting to hurt. So adding a little lubrication via water to my joints is something I am willing to try!
- Boosts skin health: I am no longer 20 with glowing skin. Plus I live in sunny Florida, so parched looking skin would not look good!
- The digestive system needs it: It is important to have a healthy digestive system. The digestive system is what keeps you fueled and helps get rid of the bad in your body.
- Flushes body waste: This goes with the digestive system, but drinking water helps flush out toxins from your cells.
- It helps maintain blood pressure: As I have said I am getting older, plus I am obese, so yes maintaining the blood pressure is very important to me.
- It is one of the keys to weight loss: Did you know that the more you urinate, you actually flushing the fat out your body? Your body uses the fat as energy, breaks it down, and then is excreted out the kidneys through your urine. So why they say drinkup, drink water, it helps flush out the fat!
Glow up challenge
So how can I add more water in my 30 day glow up challenge? It is simple, I simply have to force myself, in between patients, to drink water. To do that, I need the right water bottle to do that.
Wait, isn’t all water bottle the same? Well, yes and no. Water bottles are made the same, they hold, you drink from it. There are metal ones, there are smart water bottles, there are even ones with time markers on it. Plus each one holds different amounts of water.
For my glow up challenge I decided I needed a larger water bottle. One that is 1 gallon in size. It is estimated I need a gallon of water a day to lose weight. I got that number by taking my body weight, diving it in half and that is how many ounces of water daily I need to lose weight.
My water ounces is equal to 1 gallon. I know I cant keep running to the water cooler to fill up, so I need to get as much as I can into a water bottle. So a gallon water bottle is perfect.
I decided that I need to concentrate on this new step of adding water to my daily routine, so days 1-3 of the 30 day glow up challenge will be just focused on drinking water.
Are you ready to start glowing up?
You ready to do a glow up? Let’s do it together, show me on Instagram with hashtag #fgglowupchallenge Let start a new healthy and beautiful lifestyle!
Recommended Articles on a Glow Up Challenge
- Glow Up Challenge: 25 Best Skin Care Tips to Glow Forever from Timeshood
- Glow Up Challenge: How To Become Prettier In One Month from ShineSheets